Axel Bender wrote:
> Sorry, I was too unspecific. I want to use the \z[es] from
> the last match() to prevent searching for the same -
> complicated - expression two times (once with match() the
> second time with matchend()...).

I forget the details, but I sweated blood working out how to
avoid getting stuck using match(), and came to the conclusion
that two calls are required. I believe this code is correct, and
it may be of interest.

http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Copy_search_matches#GetMatches.28.29_alternative

BTW my overflowing todo list includes that I will fix that tip.
I have improved the code (which I use frequently), but even
better is that newer Vims are able to use :s///n with a
replacement expression to copy matches. The current tip has that
technique, but it is absurdly convoluted because older Vims
ignore the replacement expression if the n flag is used.

John