On 13.05.13 11:15, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> Forcing one hand to move to that dark Escape corner far far up left
> and forcing the right hand to move on the hjkl home row is a damn bad
> habit when all you need is "two lines down, one column right".

To help reduce the hand travel, I've moved escape down onto the CapsLock
key. It's closer and bigger. Even on laptops it can be whacked with
little hand motion.

> My hands NEVER rest on the home rows! When not actively typing either
> I hold a pen/drink/phone/mouse/nose/whatever or my hands rest on edges
> of the keyboard or the arrows keys because it is much more comfortable
> and relaxing to keep them there.
> The "hjkl" is a myth! A fairy story. It’s what parents tell their kids
> at night if they want them to grow up to be administrative assistants.

:-)) Couldn't agree more.

Erik

--
Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world is
either a madman or an economist.                  - Kenneth Boulding, economist