Dominique Pellé <dominique.pe...@gmail.com> [13-07-07 14:24]:
> Meino Cramer wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My vim (Gentoo Linux, compiled by myself) is configured as follows:
> >     Huge version with GTK2 GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
> >     +arabic          +file_in_path    +mouse_sgr       +tag_binary
> >     +autocmd         +find_in_path    -mouse_sysmouse  +tag_old_static
> >     +balloon_eval    +float           +mouse_urxvt     -tag_any_white
> >     +browse          +folding         +mouse_xterm     -tcl
> >     ++builtin_terms  -footer          +multi_byte      +terminfo
> >     +byte_offset     +fork()          +multi_lang      +termresponse
> >     +cindent         +gettext         -mzscheme        +textobjects
> >     +clientserver    -hangul_input    +netbeans_intg   +title
> >     +clipboard       +iconv           +path_extra      +toolbar
> >     +cmdline_compl   +insert_expand   -perl            +user_commands
> >     +cmdline_hist    +jumplist        +persistent_undo +vertsplit
> >     +cmdline_info    +keymap          +postscript      +virtualedit
> >     +comments        +langmap         +printer         +visual
> >     +conceal         +libcall         +profile         +visualextra
> >     +cryptv          +linebreak       -python          +viminfo
> >     +cscope          +lispindent      -python3         +vreplace
> >     +cursorbind      +listcmds        +quickfix        +wildignore
> >     +cursorshape     +localmap        +reltime         +wildmenu
> >     +dialog_con_gui  +lua             +rightleft       +windows
> >     +diff            +menu            -ruby            +writebackup
> >     +digraphs        +mksession       +scrollbind      +X11
> >     +dnd             +modify_fname    +signs           -xfontset
> >     -ebcdic          +mouse           +smartindent     +xim
> >     +emacs_tags      +mouseshape      -sniff           +xsmp_interact
> >     +eval            +mouse_dec       +startuptime     +xterm_clipboard
> >     +ex_extra        +mouse_gpm       +statusline      -xterm_save
> >     +extra_search    -mouse_jsbterm   -sun_workshop
> >     +farsi           +mouse_netterm   +syntax
> >     system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
> >         user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
> >     2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"
> >         user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
> >     system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
> >         user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
> >     2nd user gvimrc file: "~/.vim/gvimrc"
> >         system menu file: "$VIMRUNTIME/menu.vim"
> >     fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
> >
> >     Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK
> >     -pthread -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/gtk-2.0/include
> >     -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/atk-1.0
> >     -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/libdrm
> >     -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng15
> >     -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> >     -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2
> >     -I/usr/local/include  -march=native -O2 -pipe -msse3
> >     -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
> >
> >     Linking: gcc   -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim
> >     -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lpangocairo-1.0 -latk-1.0 -lcairo
> >     -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -lpangoft2-1.0 -lpango-1.0
> [...]

Hi Dominique,

thank you for your help! :)

ough...I thought I had copied the complete output of "vim --version"
to the mail...sorry

The version of my vim is:

    VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4a BETA (2013 Jul 6, compiled Jul  7 2013 04:35:02)
    Included patches: 1

I did the following:

:set re=0
:r <dbfile>.lua

and

:set re=0
:r <dbfile>.lua

. Both loads the file at a reasonable, nearly identical speed.

Problems arises, when I do a

#> vim dvfile.lua

This does "not" end (will say: I dont want to wait for loading
a file, which normally gets loaded in fractions of a second).

Finally I did a

    vim -u NONE --noplugin dbfile.lua

and the file geys instantly loaded. So it seems, that a plugin
is found guilty.

How can I make my guesses more precisely now?

Best regards,
mcc