On June 4, 2014 4:28:31 PM GMT+03:00, Kai Weber <kai.we...@glorybox.de> wrote:
>❦ Thomas Bondo Homburg <thomas.homb...@gmail.com>:
>
>> When I type a colon, the current line is unindented immediately.
>
>Same problem here.
>
>I tried the following plugin and it works well.
>https://github.com/chase/vim-ansible-yaml
>
>I am still not convinced wether indent/yaml.vim is wrong or ansible. I
>read
>about the nested dicts problem in the Salt documentation
>http://docs.saltstack.com/en/latest/topics/troubleshooting/yaml_idiosyncrasies.html

They blame YAML for its features, spread FUD like YAML supporting only ASCII
(even YAML-1.0 required UTF-8 or UTF-16 string, -1.2 allows UTF-8, -16 and -32,
with additional requirement for the first character being ASCII in case of
UTF-8) and do not know the instrument they are using (automatic string to
something conversion is easily disablable if you override one class variable by
subclassing Loader and this does not contradict with YAML documentation as this
variant is named "failsafe schema" and YAML parser "should" support this "at
least as an option": failsafe schema only supports mappings, sequences and
strings (for values without an explicit tag)).

Their "double short decs" is a huge "success": I do not know what hacks they
have coded for supporting "single short decs", but based on their third example
I think all they needed was

    foo:
        bar:
        baz:

in place of

    foo:
        bar
        baz

. Knowledge of the YAML spec is certainly not their strong point.

You should not trust Salt developers on this matter. I would not trust Salt
developers at all anymore though.