On December 4, 2014 6:28:31 PM EAT, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org>
wrote:
>Am 2014-12-04 16:08, schrieb Bee:
>> On Wednesday, December 3, 2014 11:05:47 PM UTC-8, Christian Brabandt
>> wrote:
>>> Not currently. There is a patch variable_tabstops floating around,
>>> that
>>> makes it possible.
>>> (In fact, It is in my repository here:
>>> https://github.com/chrisbra/vim-mq-patches/blob/master/var_tabstops)
>
>He will eventually, if enough people try it out and report at the
>vim_dev list
>that it works (or report bugs so I can fix them) and nag Bram to
>include
>it
>(or make Bram want it himself ;))
>
>The breakindent patch has been included as well after enough people
>complained (and I fixed bugs).
>
>Kind regards,
>Christian
>
>--
>--
>You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
>Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
>For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
>---

AFAIR Bram has already said something about including enough major patches into
vim-7.4. So there is not a chance until he decides to release 7.5 or 8.0.
Anybody knows conditions under which this happens? I only heard about "too much
patches" (7.3 to 7.4) after which 7.4 major features were selected. And 7.2 to
7.3 was happening in a separate branch which was not the case for 7.3 to 7.4.
Cannot say I understand the process.