Ben Fritz wrote:
On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 5:59:28 PM UTC-6, L. A. Walsh wrote:
It sorta looks like both tabs are being brought up at the same time and a race condition might be happening, but the fact that it is very deterministic, leads me to believe something else is going on.

It can't be a race condition. Vim is single-threaded and will be processing one
whole function at a time.
----
That's what I thought, but progress continually sneaks ahead when I'm not looking. :-)

    I thought g: vars were 'global across all buffs, but this seems
to be behaving like g:added_numwth (*or*) &columns are not in-sync
between the tabs?  Is that what is happening or am I missing some
simpler explanation?
g: vars are global across all buffers, tabs, and windows just as you expect. 'columns' is also a global option so it will always be in sync between tabs.

I don't know of a simpler explanation for what you're seeing, but it's not due
to you use of g: variables or tab pages, as far as I can tell.
----
Was my explanation clear? I.e. if you add the linenumber check at the end of your gvim -- does it work for you, or do you see similar? Minor note, when I invoke the pairs of files of files, I am using the "-p" option
on the command line.  Gotta be something else I'm missing...*sigh*...

Thanks,
Linda