On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 1:45:09 PM UTC-5, Victor Gomes wrote:
> I'll be direct.
>
> I'm trying to run/interpret/compile lua scripts direct from gVIM
> http://s12.postimg.org/upo6q4b0t/foo_bar_image.png
>
> On the left, the module, on the right, the script which uses the module.
>
> When I try the command: !lua %
> where:
>     !lua - runs/compiles
>     %    - the path to the file
>
> I get this from the cmd window vim opens:
> http://s27.postimg.org/hrbqpmfar/from_vim_console.png
>
> ###################################
> Now it gets intersting!           #
> ###################################
>
> When I open the CMD direct on windows, and I execute the main.lua script,
> using the command: lua main.lua
>
> This is what I get:
> http://s24.postimg.org/qxjdi7d0l/jeff.png
>
> So, I'm assuming this is a VIM issue, not a Lua one.
> I could simply execute lua scripts from CMD, but just between us... It's not
> very "cute", is it?
>
> I'd be glad if one of you masked code here could help me! :)
> TIA guys.

It looks like you're on a 64-bit system, and going to hazard a guess that your
Vim is a 32-bit version. That works fine, but unfortunately as a 32-bit
process, Vim's system path may not match, or the path may be the same but
shadowed by one of the SysWOW64 system folders. I'd guess one of these is the
root cause of the issue.

So, to solve this, I'd compare the output of "echo %PATH%" in a normal cmd.exe
window, and one launched from Vim with ":!start cmd".

If they are different, you can manually add items to the $PATH variable within
your .vimrc to compensate for the differences.

If they are the same, you can try adding the C:\Windows\Sysnative for the
System32 folder; but I'm not sure what to do if it's Program Files causing the
problem.