On Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 4:56:20 PM UTC-5, Sonny Chee wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> When I want to insert text from my clipboard, I turn off auto-indenting with
> the following:
>
> :setl noai nocin nosi inde=
>
> That works great.
>
> I'm working on a vimscript that inserts (prettily) formatted text into a
> buffer.  I tried to execute the above before the inserts with the following:
>
>     execute "normal :setl noai nocin nosi inde="
>     execute 'normal! ' . l:start . 'Gg0o' . "\t" . join(l:cols, "\n\t, ")
>

> But all of the text is auto-indented.  Any help would be appreciated....

I second the suggestion to use :set paste instead.

However, your script isn't working, because there is no "enter" command sent to
execute the command-line. You COULD insert a "\<CR>" at the end of your first
normal command to accomplish that.

But that's pointless. You're using the "execute" ex command to use the "normal"
ex command that does a ":" to go into the command-line mode where you
execute...ex commands.

Instead of all that, why not just use "setl noai nocin nosi inde=" directly?