Hi boB!

On Mi, 14 Sep 2016, boB Stepp wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 2:08 AM, Christian Brabandt <cbli...@256bit.org>
> wrote:
>
> > You can download 64bit versions from the nightly builds:
> > https://github.com/vim/vim-win32-installer
> > and here (non-official) builds:
> > https://tuxproject.de/projects/vim/
> Thanks, Christian!
>
> I downloaded the self-extracting package from the tuxproject link.  So
> far all looks good.  However, there is a cautionary comment on the
> page which reads:
>
> "You'll need to have the appropriate DLL files in your Vim directory
> or somewhere in your %PATH% to make them work. They're not included."
>
> Which DLL files are you referring to?

While the binary Vims distributed at the vim-win32-installer repository
are build to include the various scripting engines (python2.7/3, lua,
perl, etc), to make use of those features you need to install those
scripting engines separatly, else you won't be able to use any of those
features.

Best,
Christian
--
Genieße dein Leben ständig, denn du bist länger tot als lebendig.