On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 6:42:55 AM UTC-5, Steve wrote:
> Hi thereĀ !
>
> I installed gundo with:
>
> git clone http://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim.git ~/.vim/bundle/gundo
>
> Then insereted
>
> nnoremap <LEADER>uĀ :gUndoToggle<CR>
>
> saved, closed the file and edited a new one. After a while, I tried to
> use gundo by issuing ,u, but nothing happened.
>
> I'm working on a Debian Jessie box but with a self-compiled vim 8.
>
> How can I debug this?

By default Vim does NOT load plugins from the ~/.vim/bundle directory. Do you
have a plugin such as Pathogen installed and configured to do that for you?

If you're using a recent version of vim (8.0 or one of the earlier patches
leading up to it) you can move it to
~/.vim/pack/whatever-name-you-want/start/gundo instead of ~/.vim/bundle/gundo,
and it should "just work". In earlier Vims you need a plugin to enable this
sort of plugin loading.