Hi Christian,

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but imho this behaviour is
inconsistent with the forward search and needs to be documented. Anyway, I
won't open an issue if you think it is not necessary, you probably know
Vim's internals better than I do. Also, this is not an issue for me anymore
since I already have a workaround.

++
Osman