Configure has a lot, but really a lot, of possible arguments. To see
them all, use

    src/auto/configure --help |less

For your usecase, I think the following might perhaps be relevant (but
you might want to read it all):

  --enable-pythoninterp=OPTS   Include Python interpreter. default=no
OPTS=no/yes/dynamic
  --enable-python3interp=OPTS   Include Python3 interpreter.
default=no OPTS=no/yes/dynamic

  --with-plthome=PLTHOME   Use PLTHOME.
  --with-python-config-dir=PATH  Python's config directory
  --with-python3-config-dir=PATH  Python's config directory

Also, --disable-blablabla is equivalent to --enable-blablabla=no and
--without-blablabla is equivalent to --with-blablabla=no for any value
of blablabla.

In any case, I recommend not to edit the makefile, and not to invoke
configure directly yourself with arguments on the command-line, but
instead to set the configure arguments by means of environments
variables set by sourcing a script, so you can be sure to use the
right arguments every time.

For details, see the last two links above the bottom line of
http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/

Best regards,
Tony.