Hello.
I want to customize some of the shortcuts in Netrw.
I have seen it provides a global variable which is a dictionary of key
mappings and function calls.
I paste here  a snippet from the help:
Example: Clear netrw's marked file list via a mapping on gu >
    " ExampleUserMap: {{{2
    fun! ExampleUserMap(islocal)
      call netrw#Modify("netrwmarkfilelist",[])
      call netrw#Modify('netrwmarkfilemtch_{bufnr("%")}',"")
      let retval= ["refresh"]
      return retval
    endfun

    let g:Netrw_UserMaps= [["gu","ExampleUserMap"]]

What I am trying to do is to use this mechanism to map u to browse up dir
rather than -, so I did the next:
function! utils#UserNetrwBrowseUpDir( islocal )
    call netrw#Call("NetrwBrowseUpDir", 1)
endfunction

let g:Netrw_UserMaps= [["u","utils#UserNetrwBrowseUpDir"]]

Well the mapping is working, using netrw#Call() I can call internal
functions in netrw.vim,
but I got an error in NetrwBrowseUpDir( islocal ), basically the argument
is passed as a list whereas it should be a number.
This is netrw#Call()
fun! netrw#Call(funcname,...)
  if a:0 > 0
   exe "call s:".a:funcname."(".string(a:000).")"
  else
   exe "call s:".a:funcname."()"
  endif
endfun

I don't know how I have to pass my argument to netrw#Call()  in order to be
passed as a single integer to  NetrwBrowseUpDir() .

Thanks and sorry for the long email.

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez