yes, here my files are edited in a Vim
compiled in a python2+3 nogui termguicolors
(:version output is below)

I am asking about milestones, if any are publicly stated or recognized.

~ 7.X - 8 versions were preceded by many daily commits.
(as shown by Bram in the 25 years of Vim video)

tx++

(((

:version

VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Jan  6 2018 23:48:57)

Included patches: 1-1428

Compiled by renato@xps

Huge version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):

+acl               +cmdline_hist      +eval              +job
 +mouse             +num64             +scrollbind        +termresponse
  +windows
+arabic            +cmdline_info      +ex_extra          +jumplist
-mouseshape        +packages          +signs             +textobjects
 +writebackup
+autocmd           +comments          +extra_search      +keymap
+mouse_dec         +path_extra        +smartindent       +timers
+X11
-autoservername    +conceal           +farsi             +lambda
-mouse_gpm         -perl              +startuptime       +title
 +xfontset
-balloon_eval      +cryptv            +file_in_path      +langmap
 -mouse_jsbterm     +persistent_undo   +statusline        -toolbar
 -xim
+balloon_eval_term +cscope            +find_in_path      +libcall
 +mouse_netterm     +postscript        -sun_workshop      +user_commands
 -xpm
-browse            +cursorbind        +float             +linebreak
 +mouse_sgr         +printer           +syntax            +vertsplit
 +xsmp_interact
++builtin_terms    +cursorshape       +folding           +lispindent
-mouse_sysmouse    +profile           +tag_binary        +virtualedit
 +xterm_clipboard
+byte_offset       +dialog_con        -footer            +listcmds
+mouse_urxvt       +python/dyn        +tag_old_static    +visual
-xterm_save
+channel           +diff              +fork()            +localmap
+mouse_xterm       +python3/dyn       -tag_any_white     +visualextra

+cindent           +digraphs          +gettext           -lua
 +multi_byte        +quickfix          -tcl               +viminfo

+clientserver      -dnd               -hangul_input      +menu
+multi_lang        +reltime           +termguicolors     +vreplace

+clipboard         -ebcdic            +iconv             +mksession
 -mzscheme          +rightleft         +terminal          +wildignore

+cmdline_compl     +emacs_tags        +insert_expand     +modify_fname
+netbeans_intg     -ruby              +terminfo          +wildmenu

   system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"

     user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"

 2nd user vimrc file: "~/.vim/vimrc"

      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"

       defaults file: "$VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim"

  fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"

Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H     -g -O2
-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1

Linking: gcc   -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim    -lSM -lICE -lXt
-lX11 -lXdmcp -lSM -lICE  -lm -ltinfo -lnsl    -ldl
)

)))

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 2:26 AM, Tony Mechelynck <
antoine.mechely...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 5:00 AM, Renato Fabbri <renato.fab...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > in Bram's 2016 screencast (video) about 25 years of Vim,
> > he shows commit stats in which large periods of
> > daily commits precedes relevant Vim releases.
> >
> > Anyone know current milestone(s)?
> >
> > cheers,
> > R.
>
> I would call Vim a "rolling release" product. Version numbers are
> increased when a significant new feature has been added and a little
> tested, but bugfixes and enhancements are indeed published about every
> day.
>
> As of this writing, the latest version is 8.0.1520. You may or may not
> find a precompiled version of it for your OS, otherwise see:
>     http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_the_Vim_source_with_Mercurial
>     http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compile.htm
> (compilling Vim on Windows)
>     http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/compunix.htm
> (compiling Vim on unix-like systems)
>
> Once you have a recent Vim up and running, see ":help version8.txt"
> for the release notes. The list of patches in that helpfile goes only
> up to 8.0.0586 at the moment, though. For a full but terse list, see
> http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/8.0/
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.

> ---