Hi!

Let's say, I want to edit a file that is on a volume that is not mounted yet.
From the perspective of vim, the file doesn't exist. Whenever I want to edit
that file, I have to mount that volume first.

The docs on the BufReadPre event say:

BufReadPre                      When starting to edit a new buffer, before
                                reading the file into the buffer.  Not used
                                if the file doesn't exist.

So, I cannot use this event to prepare reading a file that is temporarily
unavailable, e.g., because its volume isn't mounted yet.

Is there another event that I can use to mount the volume before reading the
file.

Regards,
Tom