You are right, I made a mistake. I was originally confused a bit why I
would end on the digit instead of [ after pressing n. I think you can
record the macro in a register and do something like

    :argdo normal 99999 @q

I used the map version because it escapes <CR>, while if you wanted to
yank it into e.g. q register you would need ^M (a single character).

Regards,
mat