Life,

I am not sure I quite understand your use case for the plugin.

:h ft-syntax-omni

In the example I provide there, I am editing a PHP file, which has embedded
HTML and JavaScript.
So I need syntaxComplete to also provide JavaScript functions, not just PHP
functions.

That examples demonstrates how to use the syntaxcomplete variables like:
    let g:omni_syntax_group_include_php = 'php\w\+,javaScript\w\+,html\w\+'

I can help if you give me a bit more to go on with a concrete example of
commands and what you expected / want to see.

David