Sorry, but definitely no.

If an m-Audio interface isn't attached, MPowered will immediately display an
error when you launch it. Same for LE with Digi/Avid interfaces.

If you have an interface attached, but don't have an iLok copy protection
dongle for MPowered, then an activation dialog will appear. For LE, you'll
always get the activation dialog until you activate it with a proper serial
number (for LE, your Digi/Avid interface is part of the copy protection).

Some cheap M-Audio interfaces come with Pro Tools Essentials, a hugely scaled
down version of Pro Tools. The current version isn't accessible. Not sure if
any of the accessibility fixes will make it in to that version, but my guess is
no, or, if so, not for a long time as Essentials doesn't seem to be updated
nearly as often.

You'll need to try Pro Tools on someone else's computer, or else listen to a
podcast or other demo and base your purchasing decisions off of that.

It isn't that expensive to try, though. You can buy a dirt cheap M-Audio
interface, like the $100 FastTrack, and MPowered for $250, and be able to try
things out. The FastTrack won't work with condenser microphones, and the inputs
are limited, but you could upgrade later. The point is that you could try
things out for $350.

Bryan