From: vimac-audio@googlegroups.com [mailto:vimac-au...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Ginny Owens
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2010 10:12 AM
To: vimac-audio@googlegroups.com
Subject: [vimacaudio] Recording software and gismos, VO labels, and podcasts

Hello, everyone.

At the risk of having several slightly OT items in this post, I will post the
most VO relevant items first.

Here again are links to my labels and hotspots for GB and Logic.  Within the VO
settings, there is an option to import.

http://files.me.com/chickpowermusic/ hyw8cw
<http://files.me.com/chickpowermusic/hyw8cw>

http://files.me.com/chickpowermusic/2p8xxj

Here is a link to the GB podcast

http://files.me.com/chickpowermusic/2b36j4

I will be redoing the podcast soon, as new things have been learned. For
instance, there is indeed a way to name each track.  Super exciting, even
though the process of doing so is admittedly not an intuitive one.

!

On the topic of podcasts, I'm launching one about all things music. It will
include tips for songwriting, reviews and demos of recording software and
gadgets, and interviews with folks in the music industry and folks who have
interesting musical stories to tell.

I'd love to interview those of you who would be willing to talk about the
recording software you use, the music you record, and your journey as a
musician.  If interested, please contact me off-list at
chickpowermu...@gmail.com

While the podcast will not be specifically for visually impaired musicians, all
software demoed will be accessible.

I'm loving the Korg NanoKontrol I mentioned several weeks ago.  It's making the
recording of layers of background vocals so much easier.  I've also ordered
another control surface to check out, as it would be nice to have something
that is a bit more robust, but we'll see.

I just bought a new mic which I really like. I used it to record a lead vocal
at someone else's studio the other day and decided to go searching online for
it.  It's called the Sure KSM32.  I found it in the $400 range on Amazon.com,
and since they have a six month interest-free policy when signing up for their
store card, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try.

It sounds great! So glad I got it.

Happy Friday.

Ginny

This group is also archived at: