They last a very long time. Shelf life is at least 10 years - I have pulled quite a few out of old Macs and they still work. Current drain is usually minimal, they last nearly shelf live. Buy quality ones and get a spare or two depending on how many machines you have. Shop hard. Compare prices for the brands you decide are quality. The critical factor for me is the battery clip that goes over them. It's hard (for me) to take off without breaking it. I use something to insert between the battery and the clip to push the clip away from the hole.

So I guess the answer is no. And I have a lot of old CR batteries that have lower voltage but still work in some Intel boxes. Conversion would be a pain. Search all of the internet, not just Amazon and ebay (I don't think Newegg carries them) but use reputable stores, of course. I have bought them from independent battery dealers but that was probably a decade ago.

Stay dry up there!

Jon Kettenhofen