On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Doug Fabel <dfa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a couple older machines that need their cmos batteries replaced.
> Has anyone come up with an alternative to the 1/2aa cmos battery?  Is there
> any merit to converting to a more common battery (perhaps a CR series watch
> battery, or something similar)?

Is there any particular reason the stock battery isn't working for
you? They are still a farily common size, we use them at work in
various navigation and communications electronics as well. You could
probably kludge a CR2032 in there, but you'd have to replace it more
often as they are nominally 3.0 V, and most of the service manuals
call for the 3.6 V 1/2AA to be replaced at 2.8 V. There might even be
a few models that wouldn't be happy at the lower voltage/current,
though 2032s are definitely cheaper.

[Greg Bennett]
-Independent Carpenter, Electrician & Lighting Designer
-Purveyor of Classic Apple & Macintosh Gear

For more options, visit this group at

"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.