To get any video capture to work on a NuBus Mac with the slow SCSI Apple used,
you need at least a pair of fast hard drives and software like FWB Hard Disk
Toolkit to RAID 0 stripe them. Even better is having two separate SCSI buses
and striping the RAID across drives on both.

I used to have a Radius 81/110 tower with Media 100 boards. The only way to get
it to work was an FWB RAID 0 across four drives, two on the internal only bus
and two on the external/internal bus. All the drives had to be Fast SCSI2.
Initially I had one IBM drive that looked all slick and expensive and fast, yet
benchmarked at a pitiful 1 megabyte/second write speed. When its turn came in
the array, *kachunk*! Too slow. After replacing that one it was finally able to
maintain the higher than 4MB/sec write speed to capture NTSC video at 150K per
frame. Thanks to Apple's foulup with the SCSI hardware in the x100 series
(which was replicated in all the clones, and only partly fixed in the 110Mhz
models) Media 100 could not use a NuBus SCSI controller like the ones from ATTO
or FWB.

   So what some people would do is use a Quadra 950AV or 840AV with a fancy
SCSI card and whatever ADB dongle was required to enable highest quality
capture, then move the captured video over to a PowerMac and second M100 kit
with all the dongles to enable all features for editing, doing FX, rendering
etc. Extra expensive having two M100 kits, but you could have one person just
minding the raw capturing system while an editor edited.