Curious as to what everyone uses to get software from the internet down to
their classic Macs. I have worked a bit over the years to have a setup that
works. Below is what I do:

2010 iMac w/ 6TB mirrored RAID drive: I store all my family's stuff on it,
but also disk images/stuffit archives of all of my System 6 - OS 9 stuff.

2002 iMac G4: Runs Mac OS X 10.4, connects to the iMac RAID drive over the
network via AFP/SMB. Can easily move things back and forth. Also modern
enough to connect to Macintosh Garden, etc, to download things directly.

1996 PowerTower Pro: What I call my "Swiss Army Computer." Has multiple
internal HDs. Dual start OS 8.6/7.5.5. PCI cards with USB and Firewire.
Internal Jaz/Zip drives. SCSI port. Can basically interface with anything.
I use an Airport express to connect the iMac G4 and this to my main house
network. 8.6 can either connect to the iMac G4 via AppleTalk, or skipping a
step directly to the 2010 iMac using FTP.

Once the software is here, anything is possible: disseminate via printer
port AppleTalk, floppy, external SCSI drive, you name it.

What do you guys do? As more time goes by, it seems like more steps are
needed...

---
"Vintage Macs" group.
to vintage-macs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.