If you track him down, please let me know.

Mark

On 2/1/19 3:46 PM, 'Keith Jamison' via Vintage Macs wrote:
Hi Mark,

I have a 520c with a dead battery pack. I plan to have it refurbished with new cells. I've been trawling my emails looking for the guy who refurbed a clamshell iBook battery pack some years ago. All I can remember is that his surname is Polish.

On the battery front, I would definitely recommend getting it professionally done. IIRC it's NiCad but NiMH will also work in it. The battery pack place will balance everything and ensure that it charges for you. I have tried cheap eBay packs but they don't always last as long, maybe a year. That iBook battery rebuild lasted for years.

Good luck with the rest of it. I'm fortunate that mine has very little wrong with it. I do need to plug it in and check it soon. When I first used it back in 1995, I fell in love with it. I want to upgrade the HDD with an SD unit. The original borked some years ago.

Cheers,

Keith