First reminder -- this is the VINTAGE Macs list. It's for Macs with 68030
and earlier processors. By the once-removed rule, you can discuss
'040-based Macs here if you're not on the Quadra list.

This is not a Power Mac list. We run three different lists for different
classes of Power Macs. They are the place for dealing with Power Mac, OS
8.5 and beyond, PPC-only applications, etc. Besides, you're much more
likely to get helpful advice from Power Mac users than from Vintage Mac
users on those topics.

No, how do I put a FireWire/USB card in my IIfx. ;-)

Second issue -- from the netiquette page, "You can wander into other
Mac-related topics, but try to limit discussion to Mac-related topics
(politics, religion, and a lot of other things are off topic as far as
Mac lists are concerned). Always treat others courteously."

Handguns and the right to bear arms (which varies depending on which
country you're in -- remember, this isn't a US-only list) fall under the
category of politics.

Third issue -- signatures. Again from the netiquette page, "Avoid vulgar
and offensive taglines." Signatures are your chance to express yourself,
so we try to avoid policing them. Taglines after the poster's name are
not considered part of the posting; it is acceptable to use them to
promote your political, religious, automotive, academic, or computing
platform biases.

'Nuff said.

Dan the listmom