on 8/14/01 7:42 PM, John Kocijanski at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello.  I just picked up a HP Deskwriter 600 printerat
> a local thrift stor for $5.  I has a almost full black
> ink cartidge in it.  It also came with a power supply
> and printer cable.  According to the specs is can do
> color with a HP Color Kit installed.  I tried to find
> out what this is but have had no luck so far.  Is it
> just a color cartridge and software to turn it into a
> color printer?  I downloded the latest HP driver and
> it seems that the driver package has the software to
> print color.  All I may need is a color cartridge.  Is
> there any other hardware that is needed?  Anyone know
> anything about this?  Thanks.
>
> John

Yes!  You will need a color cartridge to make your black cartridge work.
Black will not work independently on this HP Model 600 color printer.
Color cartridges for theHP600 run about $42.00 each, retail here in the
Kansas City area. You can buy for much less when you buy as a cooperative
effort between two or more users of similar HPinkjet products, and you order
online from a mac products supplier.  'Nuff said! Good Luck!