At 20:44 -0400 on 16/08/01, Hardy Menagh wrote:

> I just picked up a Nubus adapter card (with FPU) for my IIsi. I have
>the board overclocked to 27MHz and as Marc Schrier warns, the system
>won't work with the adapter that way. It does work at 25MHz. I should be
>contented with that but I'm wondering if there's a cheap fix to make it
>work at 27? I noticed a 40.000MHz oscillator on the adapter. Is changing
>this a possible fix? The one on the MoBo was 40.000 (20MHz) changed to

Probably not, since the NuBus clock has to derive from something, and my
guess is that's what it derives from.  NuBus is clocked at 10.000MHz and if
there's not something that's a nice even multiple of 10, you're gonna get
really screwy NuBus.

If you don't use the NuBus slot, you might get it to work.

Note that the Daystar adapters/cards don't like to work with a clock of
27MHz or more either, but if you have a faster CPU in there anyway, no real
need to clock it :)

(You could, of course, put a Daystar cache adapter in there and just stick
a IIci cache card on it instead of a Daystar accelerator...)