My Reply follows quote. On 26/08/2001 07:15
[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Receipts)
>Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>At 09:31 AM 8/26/2001, you wrote:
>> >What is the best program to format a new drive, or re-format an old
drive.?

>> >Can someone give me a detailed description of the process from scratch?
>>
>>You'll want to use Hard Disk Speed Tools.  Basically its a point and
>>click thing.  Select the drive you want to format from a list, and
>>hit the "Format" button.
>>
>> >I have an existing 250 MB drive with the OS 7.1 and programs on it - how
do
>> >I get all of that over to a new hard drive after it's been formatted?
>>
>>Do you have an external case?
>>Peace
>>Aqua
>>--
>
>Nope, no external case, except one with a syquest drive and one with a 600e.
>Can they be used temporarily?
If both are SCSI drives, there should be no problem. You may have to
check the website for the manufacturer of the 250mb drive to make sure
you can set the drive ID jumper. Though many drives have the same kind of
jumper pins and pin numbers, there are enough oddities so that it is pure
luck when the SCSI ID plug can be merely swapped when you change out the
drive in a case. Good luck!

Ken Daggett
<http://home1.gte.net/res0bznj/index.htm>