I don't know about you all out there, but I have been using SyQuest
Utilities 4.0.1 for 3 years, with EZ Flyer & SyJet disks, on an LCII, a
Q650, & a 7200, with Sys. 7.1, 7.5.3, 7.5.5, & 8.1, & it's worked out pretty
well for me -- I mean about as well as using other drivers.

...Of course there is that 1 disk recently whose directory that got totally
hosed (when I used the long verify option -- though that disk seemed to be
developing a lot of other problems before that), but that also happened to
me (not under exactly the same circumstances) early on with the special
edition Silverlining Lite that used to ship on the SQs, & I decided to use
the Utilities ever since.

...I've also had several SQ disks go bad on me (bad sectors), but that seems
to be a hardware issue...they all go bad sooner or later...YMMV...

Bad blocks, bad blocks, watcha gonna do when they come for you....

--
Over,

        Jutso