--- Steve Moody <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    I'm always seeing eBay auctions for an "auto
> inject floppy".  Is
> this a typo, or does such as animal exist?  Does the
> seller mean "auto eject".

Nope. All Mac floppy drives are auto eject, so no
need to say so. The older Auto Inject drives "snap"
the disk into the drive after you have it shoved in
about 2/3 of the way. The later Manual Inject drives
require the user to push the disk completely into
the drive until it is fully seated and locked.
Macs with a big "dimple" in the middle of the floppy
slot use manual inject drives. Macs with a plain
slot use auto inject. Manual inject drives also have
a feeble attempt at a dust flap that doesn't do a
@#%#%@ worth of good at keeping out dust. But they
also _don't_ have the "dust shield" plastic cover
of the auto inject drives that does nothing but
ensure that anything sucked through the slot stays
inside the drive.

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947