--- Marten van de Kraats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >No, but someone else was discussing this topic with
> me as it applied to
> >SyJet drives about three years ago.  If you put
> them in a vertical
> >orientation, they shoot disks at you.  If you put
> them horizontally, they
> >eject pretty normally.
> >
> Too bad, placing them horizontally makes them more
> likely to catch
> the click of death... Personal experience...

A common cause of that is the "killer disk" where a
bit of the edge gets torn then it rips the heads
off any drive it's inserted into. My 5.25" SCSI
Zip 100 (blue faceplate) in my PC is apparently
more robust than the 3.5" versions. I once unkowingly
stuck a "killer disk" in it, it made a horrible
thumping noise so I just yanked the power cord then
used the emergency eject on the drive. The drive
survived just fine and still works today. :)

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947