--- Marten van de Kraats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks. Now, I've got a good reason to buy myself a
> Quad 840AV :-)
>
> BTW Is this something that one can do better with
> newer Macs or are
> those more aimed at digital video?

Yes, and if you're recording onto your computer,
it's digital video. Converted from analog of course,
but anyone whose into computers and video does
plenty of conversion unless they're only working
with new stuff shot with a digital video recorder
instead of someone's old box of tapes from the
back of the hall closet. ;)

Whether or not an 840AV will be suitable for what
you want to do depends on what you want to do. :)
Since they aren't too expensive it won't hurt
to get one and try it out. If it doesn't meet
your needs then go for a newer Mac (or even a PC)
then slap in a USB 2.0 or firewire PCI card and
get one of this outfit's products or something
similar. http://www.dazzle.com/main.html

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"