--- Scott Barber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - question is, does 7.5.5 have its own revision, as
> did 7.5.3 (rev.2),
> with which I ought to finish the system upgrade?

7.5.5 was it until 7.6

> - and another: would it be worth my while hunting up
> OS 7.6 (7.6.1) for the IIfx?

It should run it quite well, but really no need
unless you want to run some software that requires
it.

> - if so, is there a location for free download of
> 7.6, only the update to
> 7.6.1 is available from apple... maybe a place like
> where I found 7.1 ??

Possibly, but not legally yet. ;) I just bought a
7.6 CD-ROM for cheap $ off eBay. There were some
7.6.1 CD-ROMs made but they're rare and Apple
immediately quit selling them the instant OS 8.0
was released. The .1 update to 7.6 is mostly fixes
for PowerMacs so it makes little to nil difference
which you run on a 68k.

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"