--- dhill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have  a color stylewriter 2500 that prints nicely
> if I have one of
> those big ink cartridges.  It printed in color too,
> but ... suddenly
> stopped printing in color and gives me an error that
> says, the
> cartridge is not in there right or something. Is it
> possible that
> bigger holder of the black and color cartridges has
> gone bad.  Anyone
> have an experience with this printer running it in
> color?

That printer is basically the same as the BubbleJet
4100. Apparently something has gone wonky with the
color printhead. Check the contacts on it. You can
even take the ink cartridges out of the printhead then
wash it (the printhead only) with plain, cold, tap
water. Dry it with a paper towel and blot the bottom
on a paper towel. You can also gently wipe built
up ink crud off the bottom too. Put it all back
in the printer and try running a cleaning cycle.
If it still doesn't recognize the color then you'll
have to get a new color printhead. I don't think
it's available without buying new ink cartridges.
Get them for the BubbleJet, not the StyleWriter.
You'll save some $$$. Probably can't find them
specifically for the SW anyway these days. They're
the exact same parts anyway!

=====
http://www.junkscience.com "All the Junk that's fit to Debunk!"