On 28/12/05, Gregg Eshelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Samual Acorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/monfaq.htm#monerrfoc
> > (for the blurry monitor)
> > use at your own risk....
>
> While it's open, do the 640x480 hack. ;)

have any docs/links for that?? (or was that complete sarcasm)
will it sync to 640x480 if force-fed?

> > the dead/grey pixel might be video memory
> > problems... does it stay put
> > when you change resolutions? (if you can change
> > resolutions that is...)
>
> Can't change, it's fixed resolution at 512x384. Plenty
> of
> screen room for 640x480, if adjusted to shrink the
> picture a
> bit. Apple didn't do that because then the monitor
> wouldn't
> have had 72dpi resolution, which they were sticking to
> on all
> their monitors, even if it meant wasting space around
> the
> edges and/or coming up with weird resolutions like
> 512x384
> and 832x648.

that explains those weird resolutions and why monitor sizes dictated
resolution..... honestly been curious about that one for quite some
time.... i figured the weird res' were hacks to try to get the most
out of the least amount of VRAM....

> But that little monitor sure looks perfect sitting on
> top of
> most of the LC pizza boxes and the IIsi, almost like
> it's
> part of the Mac.

speaking of 'part of the mac' i have a performa 575... works great
except the permanently built-in monitor (this thing is beyond
repair... trust me)..... is it possible to surgically separate the two
and have the innards work with a different monitor/psu? or is that
something to discuss on a different list?

--
--sam
http://mephitus.renamon.org/