Bert,

Not sure about the tar boards, but there is a tremendous difference in the firewall tar boards.

The cheap stuff is really cheap and the good stuff is barely as good as the original. I think the problem is the shipping(for firewall).

The third option is to go to your local roofing supply company.
You can buy a 25-50 foot rool of some *thick* tar board type stuff
and layer it as much as you wish...and cut it as well.

The benefit is that you can also glue it to your inside metal and it will make the car sound like a million bucks. You can tap you knuckle down the side ofthe car and it sounds better than any new car you can buy. The only problem is finding something that will make it stick.

Cheers, dave

Enough sunlight reaches the Earth *every* hour to meet the world's
energy demand for an entire year.....so, what do we do with it?