You know you can stop here in Rock Port, if you are travelling! I think the Subaru is a great choice, I've thought for quite a while that Subaru did what VW should have with the horizontal engine. I've owned one or more for about 20 years now, and they are not hard to work on- they have pretty reasonable computers and the engines are connected with a few electrical connectors and gas and throttle. They aren't much harder to pull the engine than a VW, except that you need a tree or overhead hoist to pull them out. I actually just bought another one to replace the little Impreza I drove to work for about 4 years. It shelled out a differential and, with all the other things that are wrong, it just isn't worth fixing.

glenh <:)>