Guys,

Let's think a minute here. The engine compartment is "filled" with air containing heat. You are pulling that(and fresh air) straight thru the fan and distributing it around the inside of the shroud at a pretty high rate.

The sheet metal is going to be mostly the temperature of the air being pulled in by the fan and blown thru the shroud at high speed(lots of cfm).

I would bet that the temp of the shoud itself would closely match the ambient engine compartment air temperature.

I don't see that the coating on the shroud would help at all.

Now, a coating on the inside of the cylinder head/cylinder sheet metal might do some good.

Just my 2 cents, dave