I have that magnet box sitting here under my table. I can feel it with my feet. If you're referring to the magnet, I can get you some if you'd like.

I don't know if any of you have seen the green Johnny Lightning single cab bus with the Buskatiers logo on the back (kokopelli in an oval) I think it's the only VW die-cast model that has a club logo on the back - at least it's the only die-cast model with our club logo on it. That bus it was modeled after belonged to my friend Rob Laffoon of Omaha, NE. He passed away unexpectedly a little over a week ago. He was known as captoaster online in many different places.

Anyway, this year is our 20th year at Indian Cave State Park. I can't believe it and I understand now when people say, "Where has the time gone."

Since this is the VintagVW listserv, I guess I strayed a bit off-topic already, but I'd really like to find that guy in California that build those big bore type 1 engines and throws a 34-pict-3 on them. That's the torque-monger setup I want to run in my bus and if that recipe proves itself, I'd run it in Li'l Red too. I did start to assemble the pieces for a T4 engine at one point since they are so robust, but if I do that I'd want to fuel inject it and at this stage in my life, I just don't care to muck around trying to learn FI. I wanted to for years, but found it a time-sucking formidable task. Without some intensive training which nobody seems to be able to provide nor want to do, I think I'll just stick with simple stuff. My friends over the past 18 years have logged 80,000 miles of trips in their busses and I haven't gone on a one of them because my dual carb 1776 was a failure. I couldn't get them synched right and one cylinder always ran lean and I guess I just gave up and burned out.

Whose the fool? The go with the go-fast goodies who can't get it to run or the modest-engined guy who doesn't make much horsepower, but can actually start and drive his bus?

I know the answer to that.

NQ
--
Visit the VintagVW archives at
http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
  • [vi... No Quarter
    • ... No Quarter
      • ... Brian
        • ... No Quarter
          • ... 'Timothy Osburn' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
            • ... No Quarter
            • ... bert.knupp
              • ... No Quarter
                • ... 'Scott Sportsman' via VintagVW - Air Cooled Volkswagen Discussion List
                • ... No Quarter
                • ... brienhamrick
      • ... Mike Bucchino Sr
    • ... Eric Ridvan Üner