I’m still here and still actively rebuilding and restoring old VW’s (and some Porsches) .   Now that I have a good line bore kit, I can help my friends with that too.  Mostly retired and with more time to play Volkswagens!

I have my ‘59 euro ragtop bug, an ‘87 Westy, Cheryl Deschene’s (RIP) ‘58 bug, and a ‘71 Ghia.

Mike Bucchino

My iPhone 5S iOS 12 is ready for upgrade!

From: vintagvw@googlegroups.com <vintagvw@googlegroups.com> on behalf of bert.kn...@comcast.net <bert.kn...@comcast.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 09:59
To: vintagvw@googlegroups.com
Subject: [vintagvw] Just checking ...

Volks,

I’ve been following the thread, newly unraveled by NQ, checking the vitals of the old listserv group.  So I suppose I ought to see if it’s still receiving me.  As I posted recently, I’m alive and well in Nashville, mostly working on my police beetle (and a ’72 SB) and hitting the regional shows and other events. I’ve gone from working on my cars to just enjoying them, now that they’re restored and looking good.  I’ve also been assisting some other folks around the country with their own restorations (free advice is a specialty), especially those with old VW emergency vehicles – or re-creations of the same. One guy has a beautiful old fire chief’s car (an Einsatzleitwagen) in Upstate NY. I have a Facebook page for car stuff under “Robert Knupp.” There’s a group based in Belgium, “Vw d’Urgence,” that’s fun, too.

--
Visit the VintagVW archives at http://www.mail-archive.com/vintagvw@googlegroups.com
---