Hi, all,

I don't usually cross-post, but this seems like an instance in which it would
be beneficial.

I'm going to share with you all the way I've successfully imported WebBraille
books to read in IBooks. There are other methods of reading these on the
IPhone/IPod, but this method will allow you to keep your place in the book when
you need to pause reading. I used TextEdit on the Mac to open the file and
export it to pdf. Check your text-editor's documentation on exporting to pdf if
you're using another OS or editor.

This method will only work with a braille display, and does *not* work with
speech.

I haven't tested it on other brf files, but you might give it a try.

1. Open a brf WebBraille file in TextEdit. If you don't like the uppercase
dot-7 caps appearing for all of the characters, select all the text, go into
the edit menu, choose "transformations" and change to lower case. At this
point, you can check the document with the braille display to see if it is
readable. Use eight-dot Braille, uncontracted.
2. From the file menu in TextEdit, choose "export to pdf". In the save dialog,
you'll be presented with a filename with a pdf extension. Save the file in a
place that's easy to find.
3. In Itunes add the file you just saved to your library. It will appear in
your Books list.
4. Use whichever sync settings you've specified to sync this book to your
IDevice. I usually do this manually, placing the file in my Ipod/books playlist.
5. Open IBooks and find the file in your IBooks library. Change Braille to
eight-dot, uncontracted. Use dots 3- and 6-chord at the page chooser to switch
pages.

Enjoy.

Teresa