Hi Danielle,

I'll paste in the answer I wrote on the mac-access list last November.  Now
that the viphone list has started archiving its posts at the Mail Archive web
pages, future searches for answers to similar questions should be much easier
by going to the Viphone public archive web site, listed in the second line at
the end of each post.  This is basically the umbrella Mail Archive web page:
http://www.mail-archive.com/
with the posting address for the mailing list appended in each case.  In this
case, all I had to do was go to the web page for the mac-access list, and type
into the search text box:
"from:Esther notifications"
(without the quotation marks). When I pressed return, the following result
popped up.  You won't be able to run such searches for the viphone list yet,
since the only viphone list posts archived there over past three years are the
ones that I cc'ed to the macvisionaries list, but I guarantee this will make
finding previously posted information easier in the future.

I'll add that there is no keyboard shortcut for the double tap and hold pass
through gesture.  The way that I think of the reason for this, is that the pass
through gesture indicates that you want to bypass the VoiceOver specific
gestures and use the "standard" gestures instead.  However, keyboard navigation
features are only supported when VoiceOver is turned on.  No sighted user who
employs "standard touch screen gestures" and uses a paired Bluetooth keyboard
can execute any commands except for text editing functions.  So until Bluetooth
keyboard navigation commands are supported for sighted users outside of
VoiceOver, no keyboard equivalent shortcut to "bypass VoiceOver gestures" is
going to work.

Open the notification center with VO-M and then Option-Up arrow.  The full
archived post from the Mac-access list Mail Archive pages, which includes links
to sources of keyboard shortcut information, is pasted in below by signature.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther