It sure helps me. I just got my 4S day before yesterday too, smile.

From: Les Kriegler
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 4:41 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Siri Dictation Question

Carla, when you are done dictating, do a 2 finger double tap to end dictation.
The text you dictated should be inserted into the edit area.  When Siri isn't
working properly, the text won't be inserted, so you'll know if it's worked.
VoiceOver will say thinking, and then say inserted and will read the text you
dictated. HTH.

Les