From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Wayne Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 4:17 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Talking clock app?

Do you have an iPhone, an iPod Touch or an iPad? Have you looked in
the status bar for your iOS device to see if the time is displayed?
Are you looking for an app to announce the time whenever you want it
or at the top of each hour? If at the top of the hour, then have you
looked at Hourly Chime in Background? You can set it to announce the
time rather than chime and have it run in the background. As long as
the app is in your app switcher, it will chime/announce the time for
all of the hours you specify. Considering you can get the time each
time you press the lock button on your device, I don't see why you
would need a talking clock app. Please provide more information.

Hth,
Wayne

On 5/8/12, Danielle McCullough <danielle.mcculloug...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am wondering if someone out there can help me, as I'm having no luck.
>
> Can anyone recommend a talking clock application for the iPhone? The snag
> is, it needs to be able to talk when I'm not in the application, so it
would
> be running in the app switcher. I have downloaded a few from the App
Store,
> but they only work when you shake them in the actual application, not just
> from the home screen. Can anyone help?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Danielle

Follow me on Twitter at: