Just to say TypeInBraille is not a free app at least here in the UK. It's £2.99 but well worth it in my view.

Christopher Hallsworth

On 15/05/2012 14:41, Rob Harris wrote:
There's a growing use of TypeInBraille as a free app;  now that is pretty
good. The idea is to be able to type in a noisy environment so you don't
have to hear the feedback;  then you can cut and paste or sms/mail directly
from it's menu.

RobH.

Ps:  it will copy to main clipboard, so you can paste in any app after that.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Amy Billman"<amy0...@gmail.com>
To:<viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:20 PM
Subject: RE: typing on the phone

It's always interesting to see how others use their phones.
I for one cannot type with my thumbs. Even when I had my Windows Mobile
phone with a keyboard I could not type with my thumbs.
I'm left handed, so for me it makes more sense to type with my left index
finger.
I couldn't stand the split tap method even as a beginner, and in fact, I had
one of the first 3gs's before they updated the iOS so that touch typing was
an option, and I got rid of it.
Needless to say, I prefer touch typing. For me, I find that the split
tapping actually slows me down. Plus, I type a lot without voiceover
feedback because of having a tactile screen, and I find typing flow is a lot
more fluid.
Obviously that doesn't work for everyone... this is just my personal
preference.

Amy Billman
Check out my company for your screen protector and phone accessory needs!
SpeedDots: the makers of the tactile screen protector
http://www.SpeedDots.com
Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/SpeedDots
Like us on Facebook: