the iPhone doesn't have a tuner antenna, so unfortunately what you're after
is quite not very possible. If you want to listen to the radio via the
iPhone, it's gonna have to be online, I'm afraid.

  _____

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Jen Colley
Sent: May-15-12 10:50 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Is there an app for listening to the radio that won't use data for
the iPhone?

Hi,
I know there is no built in radio on the iPhone 4 s and I know there are
apps that will allow you to listen to the radio online but is there an app
that will act as a tuner when headphones are connected so I could listen to
the radio when I'm not at home on wifi.
All I want to do is listen to local radio.
Jen