From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of James Mannion
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:50 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: How to "introduce" my IPhone to ITunes and not disturb how I have
everything already set up on the phone?

Hi,
I thought I would ask because someone might know and an experiment here gone
wrong would cost lots of time and frustration. I have my 4s configured with
apps and folders and data how I want it. It is backed up to ICloud. If I
wish to bring this phone into ITunes, Itunes has never gotten its hands on
this phone yet, what do I do so it doesn't trash everything I have on it and
how I have it configured? Is set up as new device what I want here or is it
exactly what I don't want? Can someone tell me the steps to connect it to
ITunes and have ITunes play nice with it? My only reason really is to be
able to use ITunes file sharing in an app. I think to myself, there has to
be a way to tell ITunes to just accept this phone as is and don't think you
have to trash and reconfigure it in any way, right?