To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 4:26 PM
Subject: Weather widget question, can I reset local weather?

Hi everyone!
Okay, this is not exactly a life-altering issue, but it is a bit annoying. <grin.> I live in the city of Santa Cruz, California. When I first set up my phone and everybody starts looking for my location, the weather widget comes up and quickly says Capitola or Aptos Hills. Now, these towns are clear across the county and their weather is quite different than it is where I live. The only way I get around this is to turn off local weather and add a city, mine. When I type in my zip code, well, truthfully, it now shows me another town up in the hills, but it's closer to Santa Cruz. So, my question. Can I reset local weather by making it search for my location again? I'm assuming that if I have local weather turned on, it will show the weather wherever I am if I travel. Is that a correct assumption? I have tried turning weather off, in the location services section of settings and then turning it back on again. This did not fix the problem. And just for fun, by the way, I tried adding the extra four digits of my zip code. That was good for a laugh. It showed me Portugal. Anyway, if anyone knows of a good article on the weather widget that I'm not finding, that would be cool.
Thanks for any help any of you can offer.

Veronica
Watch and hear Veronica Elsea's Prayer for a Soldier at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFoIhWrBHFI
Then learn about Music CDs that will impact and entertain you forever!
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California