Hi, the IMEI of the phone isn't the same as the number on the Sim. Also, the
IMEI can be readily obtained in settings/about on the phone.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Ben Mustill-Rose
Sent: Tuesday, 22 May 2012 12:41 p.m.
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: is it possible to determine Sim card number without removing
it?

Hi,

Yes - thats what most people use it for, but it from memory will also give
you the imei which is what I think you're after. You don't have to do
anything like jailbreak to run it; just open it with your phone connected
and it *should* detect the phone and give you some different bits of
information about it. If you think you've messed up whilst using it and for
whatever reason you accidentally pressed a button and your phone stops
talking which could happen, just remember that tinyUmbrella won't do
anything permanent to your phone - rebooting it will bring it back to how it
was.
In otherwords, downgrading the operating system is a multi step process
which involves tinyUmbrella, iTunes and some files that you need to download
- there simply is no way that you will inadvertently downgrade the phone
just by running tinyUmbrella.

When I used it, I was trying to find out what network a 3GS that I had
acquired was locked to. It was an American network and I'm in the uk, so I
was unable to activate the phone to get any info from it at all.
Using tinyUmbrella, I found the imei and confirmed via a website I found
that that specific imei was locked to at&t.
That phone in question did end up jailbroken, but that was because I needed
to use an unofficial unlock - you have no need to jailbreak if you don't
want to.

Cheers,
Ben.