It is a device much smaller than an IPad, that will fit into my pocket, but would not cause me to pay for the phone capability.If I had access to the cellular network for data, I could make the occasional phone call with it via skype, and access the web and email, too.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ricardo Walker" <rwalker...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2012 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: Data plans [was "Re: new to the group and some questions"]

lol,

you hit the nail on the head. What is an iPhone but an iPod touch with a cellular radio. :)

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info
Twitter:@apple2thecore
www.appletothecore.info

On Jun 3, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Christopher Chaltain <chalt...@gmail.com> wrote:

You say Apple would never give the iPod Touch the ability to access
cellular networks because then it would impact iPhone sales too much,
but I'm thinking, if you add cellular network access to an iPod Touch
then how is it different than an iPhone? I'm thinking they may never do
this just because there's no need to do it. Of course, maybe I'm missing
something here, which is quite possible.